Wednesday, June 23, 2010

3 Days and counting!

Since my departure from Barahona, Dominican Republic last December, I've been praying for the day that I would get to return to that small town that I'd fallen in love with. Although my purpose for going was to do some reporting on the I Love Baseball program, God's purpose was much more meaningful.

Baseball for me was work, entertainment, fun. Baseball for these guys was HOPE. Hope for a better future, an escape from poverty, a chance to better their community. What I learned in one short week is difficult to put in words, but I can say that my faith was challenged, my heart was filled with joy and compassion, and my life would be changed forever.

Now, 6 months later, God has finally said "It's your turn, mija."

I am excited. I am anxious. I am nervous. I am................GOING!

3 more days, and I will return to the place that captured my heart to teach English, inspire a team, and work with an organization with an incredible goal, to educate future MLB players in mind, body, and spirit.

Thanks for following me on this summer adventure! I am so excited to share my heart and update you on the progress of the team. Expect to see many pictures, videos, and posts on what God is doing in Barahona, Dominican Republic.

Mi Dios es Grande!
Dulce

2 comments:

  1. Yay... I can feel the excitment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your posts, Mija, Que Dios le quida!!!

    ReplyDelete